Skyline of downtown Chitra at dusk
|Nickname(s): The Evergarden|
|• Total||1,702 km2 (657 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 estimate)|
|• Density||1,864/km2 (4,830/sq mi)|
Chitra (Melune: [ˈtʃitə̯rä]) is a city in Lugida, located on the riverside of Regil River. Formerly the capital of the Kingdom of Melunair, the city is now the capital city of Melon Prefecture and home to around 3 million people.
The city was inhabited since the 3rd millennium BCE. Scientific consensus suggests the period as marking the founding of Chitra as a permanent settlement, but was relatively unpopulated until the 3rd century BCE due to conquests by the Altha Dynasty. Much of Chitra remained in tranquility for more than a millennia, from the decline of Avite Empire in (sometime) CE up until the Lugid Revolution in 1868.
Home to SESCO's regional headquarters of West Miraria – including Soltenna – the city is now a tourist destination known for their distinctive culture and tradition. As one of the city's landmarks is the Garden of Melon, a hvoir garden claimed to be the world's oldest, comprising significant parts of the Old City of Chitra. Other landmarks include (something), (something), and (something).