From CWS Planet
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Yítsmä, Vālenéni
City of Justice
Äkyë dän Nrätšø, Nätyung Brädyäø
In Front of the Gods, There are no Lies
CountryKingdom of Yaxarhayut
DuchyDuchy of Yítsmä
First recorded909 CE
 • DukeHelmio of Valeneni
Hëlmÿ ösYítsmä (SFIV)
 • AssistantKanao of Valeneni
Känö ösYítsmä (SFIV)
 • DelegateVenjatu Higas
Vayätu Hegäs (SFIV)
165 m (541 ft)
ISO 3166 code.yx

Valeneni (pronunciation: /ˈvæ.lɪ.nɛ.ni/; Yaharan: Yítsmä /ˈjɪts.mɑ/; Qamaatak: Jitsâm IPA: /jɪˈt̪θəm/; Yennodorian: Vālenéni IPA: /vɑː.lɛˈnø̃ːɪ̯/) is the capital city of the Kingdom of Yaxarhayut. It is situated on the delta at the mouth of the Yahara River.


The actual origin of the name in Yaharan is unknown, however it is speculated to have come from Old Qamaatak Jitsâmášja.



The city is sprawled across the delta of the Yahara River, extending over four major islands and inland. The city proper is situated halfway up the delta along the deepest (and only navigable) channel on the north side of the river, with its historic downtown facing southeast, and its modern heart facing directly south. The islands of the city can only be accessed by ferry or by Highways 1 and 6, which run through the west and north sides of the city respectively. Notably, the city was built between the cover of a set of hills and the river, upon two of which sit the Grand Temple of Yítsmä along with the Yaxarhayutian Legislature and the King Dänÿl III Palace, which is the largest surviving palace in Yaxarhayut. It is believed that on the hill directly adjacent and to the northwest of the King Dänÿl III Palace once held the Stënër Castle, which was famous for its red brick construction and supposed impenetrability. However, the castle was destroyed in the Välyäväřg Fire, and the hill upon which it stood is now covered by the Duchess Heonat Boulevard as well as a great deal of development, leading to significant difficulties in excavating to uncover evidence of the Stënër Castle's location.


The cityscape of Yítsmä is characterised by the Grand Temple of Yítsmä, whose dome rises high above the city, the King Dänÿl III Palace, and, in the modern district, a multitude of skyscrapers, which hold the second largest confluence of business and finance in Yaxarhayut. The Grand Temple, while only having a single above-ground floor, rises approximately 18.72 metres to the edge of the roof, which then rises another 1.56 metres, above which then rises its dome, coming to a total of 29.61 metres. The Grand Temple, however, already sits upon a 135 metre hill, meaning its total prominence is some 185 metres, and thus is the highest point in Yítsmä. Whilst not illegal to build taller than the dome of the Grand Temple, no building is, thus any skyscrapers in Yítsmä are considered to be very near the minimum in height to be defined as skyscrapers (the minimum rise of which must be 150 metres tall and containing at least forty floors). The Grand Temple and Legislature of Yaxarhayut are approached by the grandiose (and steep) Way of the Gods, which rises in a set of two staircases comprised of eighteen flights each, six fountains, three major statues, and thirty minor statues, all sculpted out of marble mined in the Duchy of Tynda.

On the northeast side of the historic downtown district of Yítsmä lies the Yítsmä Castle. Constructed in 1547, the Yítsmä Castle served as the focal point of the defensive structures which guarded the northern entrance to the city, looming over the Dyänžo Dobändë (Yenn. Jeodakit Éouäten), the sole surviving feature of the wall which once ran along the northern edge of the Ducal-era city. Travelling west into the modern district, the waterfront is home to several docks, parks, and two drydocks. The drydocks, ground for which was broken in 1601 as part of an effort to expand and modernise by contemporary standards the Valenenian Navy, were in use for almost three and a quarter centuries, at which point they were rendered obsolete by the size of the then-new class of Yaxarhayutian ship, the DÄY KänunösKwënkÿnþä-class, which were several metres too long for use in the drydocks. This prompted the removal of the Yaxarhayutian Naval Office, the centre of Yaxarhayutian naval operations, from its former location in the Duke Zäkörit II Building to its current location in the Yaxarhayutian Naval Administration Building in Udvurg, just across the river and fifteen kilomtres upstream of the capital. The current drydocks in use in Yítsmä lay within the confines of the Yítsmä Naval Base; however, construction only began on these in 1979, finishing in 1983, and even then are used less frequently than those at Udvurg. The majority of the Naval Base itself was purchased from local farmers in 1852 as the growth of both the village of Välyäväřg and the city of Yítsmä had enclosed the former location of the base, and it had become necessary to expand the increasingly cramped installation. The village of Vyzéni was annexed to the Naval Base in 1922 in the wake of the Heoroman Revolution, and its inhabitants moved into Yítsmä. Few of the original structures still exist in the village, having been replaced with warehouses and offices.

The village of Välyäväřg was annexed to the city of Yítsmä in 1913 as a part of the 1912 Reforms, as well as the villages and towns of Dutägväřg, Klëþ, Yähäväřg, and Ënnyähärävurg, increasing the city's population by some 35%, and its area by a little more than three-quarters of its former size.





International relations