|Region||City of Cuama|
Cuama (Riyan: //, Kwang: 叁焉 Khwà Mha /kʰwà m̥á/) is the capital and largest city of Riyana, located near the estuary of the Cuama River.
According to Qonklese literature, Cuáma was founded in 2520 BCE as the core city of the ancient Wa Dynasty, formed from twenty tribes of the surrounding basin, considered to be the cradle of Qonklese civilization.
Ancient Qonklese rule of Cuáma ended alongside the fall of the Wa Dynasty in 888 BCE, after the city was sacked by Ancient Iris. Various Qonklese successor states started to form in the rest of the former Wa Kingdom. Qonklese rule never returned to Cuáma until the Pangyeoun War.
In the 1920s, Dain Pain was obsessed with retaking Cuáma for the Qonklese Empire. In a sense of symbolic retaliation, the empire committed war crimes against Riyans in their conquest of the city in 1939, at the onset of the Pangyeoun War.
After the Rape of Cuáma in 1940 and the beginning of the construction of the Palace of the Auspicious Sun, the Cuáma Resettlement Program was initiated to settle loyalist Qonklese citizens into the empty imperial capital. The population reached over 700,000 Qonklese citizens by 1949 at the liberation of Cuáma from imperial control. Faced with a drastically different Cuáma than that of 1940, with virtually no Riyans in the city, Lugid liberators were faced with a difficult situation trying to keep Riyan resistance from committing vengeful attacks on the loyalist Qonklese. Despite this, Riyan terrorism continued to plague the city until 1952, where the Riyan Provisional Government passed the Cuáma Question Act that declared all Qonklese citizens in Cuáma to be illegally settling in Riyan territory, and ordered them to leave within fourteen days. Over 500,000 voluntarily left for any country that would take them, usually to those with significant Qonklese diaspora, but a significant portion refused to leave. The Riyan military rounded the rest up to deport them to Qonklaks, where they were re-educated in amelioration camps.