Great Astalvi Empire of the Amarantine
|The Great Astalvi Empire of the Amarantine|
|Șoșeț Ņaar Hiŗaais mi Hatrĩ Vilț|
Nghunhwij Nant Mwạ́r u Riañ Ring
The empire up to its largest extent
|Languages||Khrkhic languages, Keutic languages, Deudic languages, Prra-Blen languages, Ambaroid languages, Gulai languages, Sevaric languages, Asuranesian languages|
|•||1286 - 1308||Aramar of Heshor|
|•||Fall of the Empire||1744|
|Today part of|
The Great Astalvi Empire of the Amarantine (Navim: Șoșeț Ņaar Hiŗaais mi Hatrĩ Vilț [ʃoʃeθ n̥a:r hɨr̥a:i̯ʃ mə hatrə vɨlθ], Bahlian: Nghunhwij Nant Mwạ́r u Riañ Ring [ŋ̊ən̥ɯ̯ɨʑ nɑ̃t mɯ̯ár ə ri̯ɑ̃j rɨ̃ŋ]) was a federation of several astalvi principalities congregated around the Naguazon, which they called the Amarantine (Hatrĩ Milț / Riañ Ring). Its history begins in 1272, when Prince Aramar of the Principality of Heshor introduced gunpowder to his people. In 1286, now dominating the confluence, he founded a federation of local astalvi principalities, giving it its most famous name. Their objective was to dominate the largest river of the continent, the Amarantine, a feat they were able to achieve through sheer numbers. In 1586, the Empire reached its largest extent. It would prosper for the next couple decades, but a series of civil wars and wars against the peoples of Sarsa and Mablag began to damage the empire from both inside and outside. It gradually lost more and more of its land, until finally, in 1744, the empire fell. Its only modern-day remnants are the Principality of Nanghung and Goal.
Having had ports in modern-day Goal and northern Mujansa, from 1562 to 1676, the Great Astalvi Empire had a period of colonial expeditions, with the objective of furthering trade with the peoples of Soltenna, Akulanen, the Draconics and Boroso.