Mažatarisav

From CWS Planet
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mažatarisav
Metropolis
View of Uptown Mažatarisav at night
Zebave Botanical Shrines
Vukahętah Street in Ňepo Síyezan
Bíkava Palm Farmer's Market
View of Mažatarisav Marine District
Mažatarisav Square Clock Tower in Downtown Mažatarisa
Aerial View of Central Mažatarisav
Top to Bottom, Left to Right: View of Uptown Mažatarisav at night, Zebave Botanical Shrines , Vukahętah Street in Ňepo Síyezan, Bíkava Palm Farmer's Market, View of Mažatarisav Marine District, Mažatarisav Square Clock Tower in Downtown Mažatarisav, Aerial View of Central Mažatarisav
Etymology: Tower on the Island
Nickname(s): 
The Elder Twin
CountryLenezan
RegionIslands
Area
 • Metro
1,004 km2 (388 sq mi)
Population
 (2019)
 • Metropolis1,122,450
 • Density1,541/km2 (3,990/sq mi)
Demonym(s)Mažatarisavi
Time zoneSahar Coordinated Time (SCT+2)

Mažatarisav(Siyan: [Maʒatarɪsɐv]), also known as Mažav as local slang in the modern age, is a metropolitan city in the northern island of the province of Ževuzah. The city has a population of 1.122 million in its urban center, making it Lenezan's fifth-largest city after Afąván, Doremarah, Ihana, and Duzunaduro.

Mažatarisav has more than 2,500 years of recorded urban history, and up to 5,500 years of history as a human settlement since the Neolithic period. Their interactions have first been recorded around 105 CE, by Letsatian traders who've begun a material exchange with the islanders. A small Letsatian outpost would be there to cement authority for a short time before soldiers were retrieved prior to collapse, hence the reasoning behind it's previous name: Bẽnastúϑita (East Order). Iovism and Pashaism would be introduced to the Ževuzah islands, allowing the religions to thrive there for centuries until anti-foreigner sentiments from the Yeshub caused the expulsion/conversion of hundreds of thousands in the early 1400s. The island would be incorporated soon after into the Kingdom of Lenezan in 1405, and renamed to Mažatarisav (Tower On The Island) as a part of Siyanizing the region. However the name Bẽnastúϑita would be in use throughout many Ekuosian maps, namely Terminian, until the mid-1600s. Lying on an advantageous location at the center of the Gulf of Sharkunen, it is used as a mercantile city and waypoint for much of it's history. It was between the Vos port city of Tameyvah and the Lugid capital city of Nataliya.

As of 2016, it shares a major seaport for Lenezan with it's sister island to the south, Doremarah. It also shares the respected academic institution of the Siyan University of Doremarah and Mažatarisav, which remains a top-ranked university in mathematics, literature, and lingustics within Lenezan and Vaniua. The city still plays an important role to the Lenezi economy, due to it being a center of shipbuilding and commerce. It also hosts the Âr Kvisåne games, and draws in nearly a billion dollars from gambling/tourism. It holds an infamous title in the region, as it is one of the only places in Vaniua where it is legal to gamble and/or run a casino due to a legislative loophole. As a result, it's also a favorite spot to host the Loleno Yunuḍe â zur Âr Kvisåno's (International Federation for the Golden Races) biennial horseracing tournaments.

Etymology

Despite being renamed in 1405, the origins for the name of Mažatarisav would extend further back to ancient times as Letsatians colloquially named it as Bẽnastúϑita because it was a place of order in the east, that helped support its campaigns on the Lenezi city states and Vos coast. The island was dotted with numerous watchtowers that have since decayed from the days of the Letsatian island outpost. Drawing inspiration from this, the Lenezi general placed in charge of the island named it Mažatarisav that literally meant "Tower on the Island".