Clockwise from top left: Qonklese and Rongyo delegations preparing to sign a treaty in 1939, Ngonku and Helsonian Forces capturing Jikhein in 1950, Alotol troops preparing for an attack on the Qonklese border, Qonklese tanks entering Cuáma in 1940, A Qonklese private with a child soldier stationed in defence of Jikhein, A Qonklese bomber during Operation Thunderbird above Cuáma.
Lugida (until 1949)
Republic of Yachiro
Great State of Karduv
Rongyo (Qonk vassal)
|Commanders and leaders|
Va Mòyûn Xûŋín Yàyvî
|Casualties and losses|
The Pangyeoun War (Kwang: Pan Gye Oun 戰嘉最明), abbreviated as PGO or PGOW, was a war fought in Soltenna, between 1939 and 1950. It was one of the bloodiest and most destructive wars in world history, and altered the political climate of the region drastically to the extent that its ramifications can still be felt in the regions to this day.
The war was largely fought between two large alliances:
- The Allied Powers, which included Naea, Riyana(?) as well as the Helsonian Union. This was the defending side, whose constituents more or less got involved to either defend themselves or help defend other nations from Qonklaks's might. Some scholars include countries occupied by the Qonklese Empire who did not make any formal alliances with the Allied side, such as Zaizung, Quaxin Xun, (Huy En?), Xynderland, Manea, Awating, Shohai
- The Celestial Order, officially the Celestial Order of the Sun, which included the Qonklaks, Karduv, Yachiro, and Lugida. This side of the war was propelled by the advent of fascist imperialism, and in particular the rise of Dain Pain as Emperor of the Qonklese Empire.
- Dain Pain (Dragon Father), the GEW-era dictator of Qonklaks, then known as Hài Kuq, a university student studying medicine at the Jikhein University, joins an ultranatinationalist group, the Lhã Khu (Red Black) in 1918. The Lhã Khu aims to restore the imperial system and the recapturing of the city of Cuáma. By 1925, the Lhã Khu gains political leverageover the National Assembly, eventually controlling the majority of the seats in 1927. With the official blessing of a philosopher-priest of the Guaesuist Order, Dain Pain gains his current title as the Dragon Father of the newly founded Qonklese Empire. He proclaims himself as the new Avatar of Hòun Shi on February 28th, 1928.
- In 1939 Va Mòyûn Xûŋín Yàyvî is elected president of Yachiro, x. Later that same year, Va Bung seizes power from the military government in Karduv, turning the oligarchy into a dictatorship with him at the head.
- On March 22nd of 1939, Karduv and Yachiro solidify their alignment with Qonklaks as they sign the Jikhein Accords at Dain Pain's invitation.
Course of the War
- In April 2nd of 1939, Qonklaks launches an invasion of Quaxin Xun, quickly overrunning the Xuni forces and establishing a puppet government in June of 1939.
- Not content with just Quaxin Xun, Qonklaks invades Zaizung in May of 1939, quickly occuping the small state and forcing a surrender by May 11th.
- Naea (and its allies?) issue a formal warning to Qonklaks, stating that any more territorial conquest will be met with a declaration of war.
- Aten Kate comes to power in Lugida in September of 1939
- On January 2nd, Dain Pain issues the Five Demands to Riyana, which would result in the month-long invasion of Riyana. 56,000 Riyans would be killed during the Cuáma Massacre on January 17th, 1939.
- Qonklaks, along with its protectorates, subordinates, and Lugida's Aten Kale, creates the Soltennan Blood Pact
- On January 10th of 1940, Qonklaks officially declares war on Riyana after the rejection of Dain Pain's "Five Demands." Naea quickly responds with war, but is unable to take any significant action due to political infighting within the government.
- Riyana, despite their substantial military buildup, quickly falters, with Cuáma being captured a mere 5 days after the declaration of war. The brutal sacking of the city and slaughter of civilians by the Qonklese forces becomes known as the Cuáma_Massacre.
- By February 9th, Riyana has capitulated and is directly annexed into the Qonklese Empire as a mõthrishĩzũ.
- On May 21st of 1940, Naea prepares to mount a general war effort against Qonklaks and its allies.
- With the promise of support from Dain Pain, Karduv and Yachiro officially join the war on the side of Qonklaks on January 22nd of 1941.
- April 2nd, 1941 Karduv begins an invasion into Naean territory with the support of Qonklaks.
- January 16th, 1942, Qonklaks and Karduv declare war on (Huy En?). However the invasion is fought to a stalemate by Naean forces.
- January 22nd, 1946, Qonklaks launches an invasion into Vos-controlled Awatomanea. The Treaty of the Three Straits is signed.
- Some more happens
As a result of the Helsonian invasion of the Qonklese mainland from 1949 to 1950, and the efforts of the kúúlist 88th Army nicknamed the Ngon-Koo (Yellow Turbans), the Qonklese Empire fell along with the capture of the Imperial Palace in Jikhein on May 9th, 1950. The resulting power vacuum was quickly filled as Helsonian liaison officers quickly assigned Mheiq Ku, head of the 88th Army, as the leader of the newly-formed Supreme Commune of Qonklaks.
Dain Pain would live in hiding in Yachiro until shortly after the end of the war, when Helsonian MPs would capture him and bring him to trial in 1951. He was sentenced to ten years in solitary confinement in the Bweh-Sha complex underneath Jikhein. Due to poor living conditions, he died from a case of untreated rabies from a rat bite on October 3rd, 1953.
The liberated state of Riyana, which suffered eleven years of brutality under the imperial system, demanded reparations from the Supreme Commune of Qonklaks. Representatives from Riyana pushed for a full investigation of Qonklese atrocities committed during the War, which was strongly backed by the Alotol government. Despite investigations being conducted seperately in 1956, 1973, and 1992, a public, transparent investigation would not be conducted until 2005, after the democratization of Qonklaks. The population reached over 700,000 Qonklese citizens by 1949 at the liberation of Cuáma from imperial control. Faced with a drastically different Cuáma than that of 1940, with virtually no Riyans in the city, Lugid liberators were faced with a difficult situation trying to keep Riyan resistance from committing vengeful attacks on the loyalist Qonklese. Despite this, Riyan terrorism continued to plague the city until 1952, where the Riyan Provisional Government passed the Cuáma Question Act that declared all Qonklese citizens in Cuáma to be illegally settling in Riyan territory, and ordered them to leave within fourteen days. Over 500,000 voluntarily left for any country that would take them, usually to those with significant Qonklese diaspora, but a significant portion refused to leave. The Riyan military rounded the rest up to deport them to Qonklaks, where they were re-educated in amelioration camps. Those who resisted re-education were subject to torture or even execution.