State Assembly (Komania)
|Imperial State Assembly |
MECARLAH HAJARA MAJAMEH
Meşarlah Hajara Majameh
|Founded||15 July 1954|
|Preceded by||Imperial Assembly|
|Seats||250 Ministers |
|State Assembly Palace |
|This article is part of a series on|
The State Assembly (Koman: Hajara Majameh) is the national legislature of the Imperial State. It is composed of a lower house, called the Princely Council (Koman: Mizwahimê) and an upper house, called the Provincial Council (Koman: Zôtahimê). Apart from passing laws, the State Assembly is responsible for nominating the Prime Minister and sending delegates to the Grand Assembly of the Central Federation. The assembly was first established as the Imperial Assembly in 1811 shortly after the Tughanjuh Proclamation, it was then taken over by the ? Regime and took its current form after the Koman Civil War in 1954 during the constitutional reforms. Previous to 1954, the assembly was inherently partisan, with several political parties exercising influence over the legislature in what was known at the time as the Silent War. With the trigger of the civil war, however, the entire government was overhauled and the constitution reformed, introducing a strict policy of non-partisanship in an attempt to erode any ideological influence over the government.
Both councils of the assembly meet in the State Assembly Palace in Shanvan, Komania.